These concerts are organised by the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff in association with the Consulate of Germany in Cardiff, the South Wales Swiss Society and the Cardiff-Stuttgart Association whose patron is the Lord Mayor of Cardiff . The aim of the Mansion House Concerts, now in its eigth year, is to provide a platform in Wales for a talented young Swiss, German or Austrian musician or musicians and for the two societies, their friends and guests to hold a joint cultural event once a year. Each year local dignitaries form also part of the audience, the Lord Mayor and High Sheriff are guests of honour. This year (2015) for the first time the Mansion House Concert also took place in Swansea.
The event also provides a fundraising opportunity for the chosen charity of the Lord Mayor. Raffle tickets are sold during the interval and the draw takes place at the end of the concert. Over the years thpese events have raised well over £3000 for Cardiff based charities. The first Mansion House Concert in Swansea took place in 2015 year and raised a record £500.
The 2016 concerts will take place in Swansea on Tuesday 16 February 2016 at 7pm and in Cardiff on Thursday 18 February 2016.
Also see our concerts on GERMAN SWISS AUSTRIAN HOUSE CONCERTS
Note: The Consulate of Switzerland is always on looking for Swiss, German and Austrian young musicians, possibly studying in the UK, for our annual Mansion H0use concerts. The next one is planned in February 2017 Interested? Contact the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff here,
- 2015 Mansion House concert in Cardiff (read here) and for the first time in Swansea (read here)
- 2014 Mansion House Concert. Read about the event here and here
- 2013 Mansion House Concert
- 2010 For the second year the Swiss teamed up with the German Society for a concert with a German accent. The event raised £ 220.- for the Lord Mayor’s charity Bobath Children Therapy Centre Cardiff.
- 20o9 12/02/09 Nadia Lefert’s Schumann evening. A piano recital & readings from Robert Schumann’s dairies.