These concerts are organised by the Honorary Consul of Switzerland in Wales in association with the Honorary Consul of Germany in Cardiff, the South Wales Swiss Society and the Cardiff-Stuttgart Association whose patron is the Lord Mayor of Cardiff .
The aim of the Mansion House Concerts, now in its ninth year, is to provide a platform in Wales for a talented young Swiss, German or Austrian musician or musicians and for the two societies, their friends and guests to hold a joint cultural event once a year. Each year local dignitaries of Cardiff form also part of the audience. The Lord Mayor of Cardiff is the host of the evening and guest of honour
The event also provides a fundraising opportunity for the chosen charity of the Lord Mayor. Raffle tickets are sold during the interval and the draw takes place at the end of the concert. Over the years these events have raised well over £4000 for Cardiff based charities, supported by the Lord Mayors.
In 2015 and 2016 Mansion House Concerts also took place in Swansea with the Lord Mayor of Swansea hosting the events. The two events have supported the charities of the Lord Mayor of Swansea.
Also see our concerts on GERMAN SWISS AUSTRIAN HOUSE CONCERTS
Note: The Consulate of Switzerland is always looking for Swiss, German and Austrian young musicians, possibly studying in the UK, preferably in Cardiff for our annual Mansion H0use concerts. Contact the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff here
- 2016 Mansion House concert in Cardiff (read here) and for the second time in Swansea (see here)
- 2015 Mansion House concert in Cardiff (read here) and for the first time in Swansea (read here)
- 2014 Mansion House Concert. Read about the event here and here
- 2013 Mansion House Concert
- 2012 no web entry at present
- 2011 no web entry at present
- 2010 The event raised £ 220.- for the Lord Mayor's charity Bobath Children Therapy Centre Cardiff.
- 2009 12/02/09 Nadia Lefert's Schumann evening. A piano recital & readings from Robert Schumann's dairies.