About the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff
Switzerland's first Honorary Consulate in Wales, known as the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff and headed by a Honorary Consul, Mrs Ruth Thomas-Lehmann, a Swiss National from Zurich, was created in October 2006 in recognition of Wales' increased importance in political, economic and cultural terms. It acts as a first contact point and information centre in Wales and focuses on establishing economic, cultural, scientific and educational links. It also caters for the increasing Swiss Community in Wales.
The Swiss Consulate was officially launched at the Senedd in Cardiff Bay in June 2007 by H.E. Alexis P Lautenberg, Swiss Ambassador to the UK (2004 - 2010) in the presence of the Rt.Hon. Rhodri Morgan AM, First Minister of Wales (2000 to 2009)
To contact the Honorary Consul:
Consulate of Switzerland
c/o Capital Law LLP
Capital Building, Tyndall Street
Phone +44 (0) 1792 423504
Mobile +44 (0) 7748 103142
Meetings (at the above address) are only available by previously arranged appointments. No visa appointment are available.
Consular Matters for Swiss Nationals: The Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff does not deal with consular affairs, such as passports, legislation and civil matters. These should be directed to the Regional Consular Centre London. AHV proof of life can be arranged by appointment.
VISA to Switzerland No visa appointments and no visa information are available at the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff. For visa information please see VISA to Switzerland Enquiries below.
VISA to Switzerland Enquiries: the Consulate of Switzerland in Cardiff is not authorized to deal with visa enquiries and cannot give any other information as is listed below:
- For entry to and residence in Switzerland please read all the relevant information provided on the Swiss Embassy in London webpage here
- 'Visa for Switzerland' information is also available on the VFS Global Website, see here Visa application Centres in the UK are available. See here
- Visa applications must be submitted in person and by appointment only.
- For information regarding the process 'Visa to Switzerland' contact the VFS Global helpline on 0207-426-6654 between 08:30 – 12:30, then from 13:30 – 16:30, Monday-Friday.
- Please note: No visa information is given by phone.
The Swiss Visa Application Centre (CARDIFF Office) is located at: Temple Court 12A Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9HA